Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Lookie what I've been doing...

blogger-emoticon.blogspot.com Recently I've joined a great new kit club called Swirlydoos and I'm lovin' it! (No I haven't replaced Simply Obsessed - I'm still with them and love them too!) I've learned a lot of new things from there and a few on my own. For one I have learned how to make 'faux' bling. You know the prima bling we all love to buy but is so darn expensive. Well here's my take on it:


I do need to practice a bit more but I think they are turning out pretty good. I bought some liquid pearls to do it with but found out in the long run puffy paint is cheaper and works better.

I've also recently purchased SCAL (sure cuts a lot)
for the cricut and have had a blast finding images on line to make SVG files out of to cut. Here are a few of the things I've done with that:


I have to say I have fallen in love with this program. It is awesome. There are endless possibilities of what you can cut.

And oh yes I have made a new layout with the new kit I'm getting. I have another one in my head I'm going to do but I've gotten side tracked re
ading 'The Time Traveler's Wife' - I haven't gotten that far but just by what I've read so far I know I'm going to love the movie. Ok, sorry, back on topic. Here's the layout:



I used some of the 'faux' bling I made. I'm addicted to making these now for some reason. They are so fun and you can make them all sizes and colors.
blogger-emoticon.blogspot.com


In other news, I had my first MOPS meeting of the year last Friday. I believe it went pretty well. I'm terrible at getting up in front of people and talking but I did ok. Whew! Now I can sit in a group, even a large group and talk to everyone at one time, no problem. But get me up in front of the crowd - well let's just say it's not that pretty
blogger-emoticon.blogspot.com All in all though it was a fun morning and it went pretty smoothly.

That's about it that I can think of for now. I'm sure there's more but I'm tired and want to get back to my book!

blogger-emoticon.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Leanne said...

That layout is beautiful!! I love your bling is there directions somewhere you might can point me to?? Lovin your blog I'm a follower!!

Unknown said...

Wow that turned out beautifully! I'm definately going to check out that tutorial and try it myself! I just need to get some paint!